Sunday 22 July 2012

The Garbage City

My city is considered “The Garden City”. Regrettably for as long as I can remember -- the more appropriate name is “The Garbage City”.

I will do a future post on garbage on city streets and sidewalks, however today I will focus on a small little wooded area that is popular for young people to drink at nights and for people dumping garbage.

Trash in a nice wooded area Trash in a nice wooded area Trash in a nice wooded area Trash in a nice wooded area Trash in a nice wooded area Trash in a nice wooded area Trash in a nice wooded area

This is just one area. There are plenty of parks and secluded wooded areas in similar condition.
You should also note that this is mid-summer after a mild and snowless winter. Garbage is worse after a harsh winter buries everything.

I clean the garbage around my house daily…After one week it is almost a bag worth of garbage.

Age doesn’t seem to matter. Older people will dump larger items in wooded areas (though in credit to most -- they usually dump in dumpsters); while younger people will toss or drop garbage where ever they see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment